23.1.13

Handbags & Gladrags

I'm a complete arm-candy addict. Bags are really the only big fashion purchases I make. And man alive, are the purchases big. I remember when bags were about £500 a pop (misty-eyed face) and although that's still insanely, ridiculously huge money, it didn't make you want to kill yourself when you'd spent it. Now all lust-worthy bags seem to top the £1000 mark. There's deffo something very wrong wrong wrong with that price-point situation. However, it doesn't stop the lusting and yearning for new potential buys, namely: a Givenchy Antigona, a Celine Luggage, a Celine Cabbas and a Prada Saffiano Two, in my case :)
In the meantime, here's a glimpse into my ongoing collection (well, part of it, the rest of my babies are at my Mum and Dad's!)
 Miu Miu Tote
This is the bag I lug around on a day-to-day basis. It's full of shit :) I got it in Selfridges a few years back and it's severely old and knackered but it does a job.
Alexander Wang Rocco
I love this bag but it's way heavy coz of the studs on the base. I also bought this is Selfridges, but with a very lovely 20% special shopping weekend discount. Wooo :)
Miu Miu Glazed Bow Bag
I've had this bag for about four years now. It's totally capacious (love that word) and I find that grey is so useful as a year-round colour (see also Alex Wang).
Mulberry Tillie
I bought this in the airport on the way to LA. We were running super-late so I had to make a very quick decision, which killed me a bit as I like to ponder big-ticket purchases. But as it turned out I've used it tons of times since and although it's bit fiddly and the hardware is vicious, I love it to bits.
Balenciaga Gold Stud Velo
I actually also have this bag in tan, which is ludicrously indulgent of me. I guess it looks a bit dated now and I should probably sell it, but it stresses me out to sell my stuff :) It's still amazing to use though as it's light and soft.
Marc Jacobs Quilted Single
I was saving up for a Chanel and it was taking forever. I happened to be bag browsing (plus ca change) and decided to just leap in and buy this instead, thinking "I'm never gonna have enough for a Chanel". Now that was probably completely the wrong decision, as a Chanel is ever further out of my reach and I will probably never own one (sad face). My Marc however, is a truly excellent handbag and I am totally glad I have it in my collection.....but I can't help still pining after that elusive Chanel :)

So, that was a little browse through my demi-collection. You'll notice there's something definitely missing...and that's colour! I seriously need to address that situation. Maybe when I get my next scratchcard I'll be able to :)
xxx

SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Thanks for sharing such cool leather handbags with an informative blog. I want you to be aware about some handcrafted abstract art leather handbags also, rocco handbags, fashionable Handbags, Fashion Laptop Bags at PaulAdams. Get ready for something different this weekend, Luxury genuine Leather Handbagsin best quality.

    ReplyDelete

© Honey Belle. All rights reserved.
MINIMALIST BLOG DESIGNS BY pipdig