15.10.15

Instagram Irritations

As usual, pretty much everything on Instagram is annoying the beeejeeezus out of me, so I thought I'd compile a lovely list of my grievances to really give vent to my fury and hopefully cleanse my rather irritated soul.
Change Is A Good Thing
Er, no it freaking isn't. Who ever said change is good needs a cold shower and a head wobble. I'm referring (of course?) to IG's new and "improved" direct messaging. I used to love DMing. I'd be pinging pictures and pithy asides (ahem) back and forth all day to my main chicas, happily slagging off everyone in the whole wide gramo'sphere. But my preferred method of bitching has been cruelly taken from me. Basically, I have an iPhone 4S and an iPad Mini 2- so far- so first world. Neither allow me now to see my DMs for various techie reasons that I won't bore you with. So, I got in the queue at Apple where a bloke in a beanie told me I needed to back up, sync, load, reboot, go to Rymans, install the Apple app on my phone for an appointment (I made him try to do it- epic fail) and generally become the kind of person who doesn't need to get in the queue at the Apple shop. If I understood the first thing about technology I wouldn't be here, in this bastard queue, when I could be in Zara. Since QueueGate, I now can't use IG at all on my phone any more, it's hit storage and I'm not due an upgrade until next May. Fucking May. Pissed off? Just a teeny weeny bit.
Now You're Just Somebody That I Used To Know
With increasing frequency I'm getting girls who I once counted as 'buddies', not liking my pictures and then unfollowing me. Of course, being Mrs Loyal (first name Naive) it never occurs to me that these things are gonna happen. So I cheerfully carry on liking their pics and throwing out gushing compliments like Muggy McMugsville, when they've discarded my sorry ass some time back. Great.
Happy Fucking Birthday
Get on this: I'd been following and liking the pics of a very cool girl for some time when she finally noticed me. (Who, me? Fucking hell, this whole thing is like sitting on the 'Singles Bench' in Grease waiting for some boy to take pity on you and ask for a dance). Yes! Woo! She liked my pic! Emboldened by the positivity she was showering upon me I decided to wish her happy birthday. I thought nothing more of it until she posted her next picture. For some reason I decided to look back at her birthday snap only to find she'd said thank you to every other freaking arsehole person who sent her birthday wishes....except me. And I mean everyone. 
The Hulk
Some people on IG are just annoying aren't they? You can't put your finger on quite why, but they are. For a while I'd been getting what I consider to be 'passive aggressive' comments off one particular girl. I'd held my keyboard thus far, figuring I didn't really wanna get into a big aul' ding-dong on there unless absolutely necessary. But when she had another dig recently I couldn't let it pass. I thought about what I wanted to say and how I wanted to say it (only fools rush in). Anddddd......she apologized and I think felt suitably embarrassed. (I played the illness card. Not proud. But I am ill and I can't fucking see very well, so there you go). I could've torn strips off her, but I've a feeling I might need to save that one for another day. (Dot, dot, dot) *Not in the Mamma Mia sense
Rumi Has It
Do you follow Rumi Neely? You probably do as she has way over half a million "Insta Disciples". Increasingly she seems to enjoy courting controversy, or at very least, sparking debates about her weight. 'Stop thin shaming', 'She may be happy with her figure', 'Please eat something', and so it goes on, endlessly. I know I know, I can unfollow if I don't wanna see it. But actually, I do wanna see her weird, contorted, pseudo-sexual poses, and I do definitely wanna see The Fighting Followers trying to make sense of it all. I guess I'm doing the Instagram version of driving slowly past a car crash. But then again, that is basically what  IG is about, so I'm not losing sleep. 
What's been bugging you recently on IG? Lemmie know xx
PS Wow- look at my camera roll shot- so full of beautiful, fleeting, meaningful moments forever captured. On no, it's just full of self-obsessed shit for Instagram
Sunnies- Céline//Notebook- Bloggers Planner//Cup- Design Letters

SHARE:

5 comments

  1. adore your nail polish and these sunnies! i basically went down every single point like a checklist, i couldn't agree more. my pet peeve is when i see girls asking where something is from and the girls ignore them. i never ignore people because i just think what does it matter if someone buys something that you own! xx

    jordaneyasmin.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you my lovely :)
      I didn't actually know that girls refuse to tell you where their stuff is from coz they don't want you to own the same thing!! WTF??!?

      I actually hate the ones who go "it's tagged" when it's actually quicker to type "it's Zara".
      (We could go on like this for days.........!!!)
      x

      Delete
  2. These posts crack me up, I'm just sitting here nodding like 'yep yep yep'.

    I can completely back up Jordane's comment above as well....I see this happen all too often. I noticed one girl doing it so much that I started replying to people in comments telling them where said items were from because I was so fed up with this girl just not saying where her clothes were from. [Despite all of it being high street so people were bound to found out one way or another] She eventually blocked me and wrote me a snotty message. Don't shop in highstreet stores if you don't want others wearing the same stuff as you.

    Another great post Belle, saying it like it is, I feel like I could talk to you about social media pet hates forever. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We totally need to write The Guide On To How To Behave On Instagram :))

      Props to you for naming and shaming that girl's stuff.....was she with Reward Style per chance??? I think they daren't do anything that'll get them chucked out the Masonic Lodge!
      x

      Delete

© Honey Belle. All rights reserved.
MINIMALIST BLOG DESIGNS BY pipdig